If you’re looking to serve the stone crab claws as an entrée, it is recommended to order "per person." If you are serving claws as an appetizer or alongside another entrée, half an order per person will do!
You’ll have the option to select your claw size. Here is how many claws to expect per person in your order:
- If you order Medium Claws, you’ll receive 7 claws per person (for example, a Dinner for 2 kit will include 14 claws total)
- If you order Select Claws, you’ll receive 6 claws per person
- If you order Large Claws, you’ll receive 5 claws per person
- If you order Jumbo Claws, you’ll receive 4 claws per person
Please note that the only difference between the different claw options is the actual weight of the claw, not the size. All claws taste the same!
- Medium claws weigh between 2 to 2.5 ounces
- Select claws are between 2.6 to 3 ounces
- Large claws are between 3.1 to 5 ounces
- Jumbo claws are between 5.1 to 7 ounces
If you need more than 10 claws, it’s recommended to order more than 1 package to accommodate the size you need. The maximum number of claws that can go into 1 box is 10, thanks for understanding!
Please note that due to the seasonality and fresh nature of the stone crabs, not all claw sizes are available year round. The season for stone crabs is October 15th to May 1st. While claws are available outside of this season, availability may be limited. Medium-sized claws are specific to the season, and are not available in the summer. You can always select another size to enjoy, since the stone crabs all taste the same, no matter the size!